- 450g of Oast to Host pastry flour
- 4 tabs softened butter ,oil or ghee.
- 180-200mls of warm water.
- 1 tsp Salt and a little pepper.
- Potato or cornflour for rolling out on
- 400 g potatoes peeled and cut into ¼s
- 80g peas
- 1½ tsp cumin seeds,
- ½ tsp coriander seeds,
- 2 tabs oil
- ½ onion finely chopped, ¼
- tsp ground turmeric, ½
- tsp garam masala, 2
- green chillies chopped, 1
- inch piece of ginger chopped, 1 ½
- tabs lemon juice, 2
- tabs chopped coriander.
- Oil for deep frying
- To make the pastry weigh all dry ingredients into a bowl, rub in oil, butter or ghee to make breadcrumbs
- Add water a little at a time to make a pliable dough
- Turn out onto floured surface and knead until smooth then replace in bowl.
- Cover and set aside for a few minutes while preparing filling
- Cook potato in boiling water for 10 minutes or until soft, drain and cut into small cubes
- Cook peas for 2 minutes drain and leave in cold water.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and cook the onions stir in all the spices, add the potato, ginger and chilli stir for 1 minute.
- Add lemon juice coriander leaves, peas and seasoning. Leave to cool.
Making the Samosas
- Split the dough into 3 and roll out onto a floured surface to 3mm cut 10 3” circles spoon ½ tab of filling onto centre of circle.
- Moisten edge with water and then fold over and seal with a fork into a semi-circle.
- Repeat and use all filling and pastry.
- Heat a heavy based saucepan of oil and when hot approx. 180deg C ( put a tiny bit of pastry into hot oil to test)
- Fry a few samosas at a time until browned on both sides.
- Drain for a few minutes before serving.