We have found the best gluten free breakfast. Pancakes were our go-to treat breakfast however this was difficult to do with a gluten intolerant daughter. We love this super creative, super simple, gluten free, two/three ingredient work around which is now our number one choice even now our girls are all grown up.
- 2 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking powder (ensure this is a gluten free brand as some will use wheat starch instead of potato starch!)
How do we do it?
- Peel both bananas and add them to your mixing bowl
- Break your eggs into the bowl and add the baking powder
- Blend these with a hand blender or mash with a fork (if you don't mind a couple of lumps or working at it for a while)
- Heat a non-stick pan (add a tiny bit of oil)
- Spoon the mixture onto the pan just like scotch pancakes
- Cook for a few minutes on each side (until golden brown and firm)
- Serve up with whatever your pancake favourites (we recommend yoghurt, berries and a drizzle of honey or maybe just coat it all in peanut butter!)