For National Sponge Cake Day we thought we'd celebrate by reminiscing about our favourite bakes. We've blended flours to create our extremely versatile cake mix, you can use it for any one of these bakes (plus countless others) and make the most delicious gluten free cakes to share with all your friends!
The Traditional One
You can make a nine-inch traditional gluten free Victoria Sponge using our cake mixture by following the method below:
- Pour contents of mix into a bowl
- Add 225g of caster sugar
- Add 225g of softened butter
- Add 5 eggs (280g)
- *Here is when you can your own twist to the basic cake mix! Add a teaspoon of vanilla extract or cocoa or orange extract...whichever flavour you'd most like to try!
- Beat until thoroughly blended, smooth and light in texture, then pour into greased tins and cake as per usual cake instructions (we like to stick a skewer in it, if the skewer comes out clean it's ready!)
- For a traditional sandwich cake (Victoria Sponge style) place one layer upside down onto a plate and spread it with your jam of choice (we love raspberry). Pop the second layer on top (top-side up) and sprinkle with caster sugar!
Now we can't share all our recipes with you for obvious reasons (Chefs prerogative) however we've found some great recipes on BBC Good Food that you can use yourselves with our cake mix to turn into Gluten-Free wonders!
Lemon Drizzle Cake
Heres a beautifully simple recipe from BBC Good Food - you'll just need to add our flour blend to keep it gluten free! HOT TIP: And we literally mean a 'Hot' tip - make sure you add the lemony drizzle when the cake is still warm, this helps to absorb all the liquid and keeps it super moist.
The perfect cake for a sunday afternoon tea and cake session wouldn't you say? You're basically having both tea and coffee in one go...Here's a lovely recipe from BBC Good Food you can make gluten free by swapping in our flour mix.
This is one of our own carrot cake bakes, while we can't share our own recipe right now here's a recipe we recommend from BBC Good Food! Just add our mix...
Chocolate Fudge Cake
Perfect for that person popping round with the sweetest tooth in the world! Everyone loves a chocolate fudge cake (just some people love them a bit more and we are those people!). You will never miss out on the best cake option if you personally make sure it's gluten free too :) (recipe on BBC Good Food - just add our flour mix!)