When you’ve been asked to make a gluten free pudding there’s no more proud-making feeling than turning up with something homemade, that everyone spends the evening cooing over and saying to their plates: ‘oh how delicious’ and to you: ‘you’re just so clever’.
However behind the scenes you’re sweating trying to come up with something different that you’ve not given them before (while also being gluten free). Well luckily gluten free puddings can be very malleable...you can take our (obvious) favourite, the tart; we've been rooting through BBC Good Food to find recipes you can swap their pastry for our award winning pastry mix and make these delicious sweet tarts Gluten Free:
- Mixed Fruit Tart: Starting simple, find some seasonal fruits and add them beautifully to your pastry case - maybe even add a little cream!
- Tart Au Citron: Otherwise known as a lemon tart, it's a classic that people can't help but love. Creamy yet zingy citrus but make sure to use our crisp pastry (no soggy bottoms please!).
- Tarte Tatin: A beautiful french dessert made with sticky caramel, scrumptiously sweet apples and of course to make it gluten free use our wonderful pastry.
- Bakewell Tart: A really scrummy almondy favourite, but you could save yourself the hassle and order a sharing selection directly from our shop!
- Treacle Tart: In this amazing Mary Berry recipe we suggest swapping the breadcrumbs for gluten free breadcrumbs so making this sweet, old classic enjoyable for everyone!
- Gypsy Tart: Send the older generations amongst us back to their school days with this sickly sweet number, it's not the healthiest but it'll sure make people smile.
- Chocolate Tart: Specifically this one is Chocolate and Hazlenut Praline Tart, how very fancy? By replacing their pastry with ours you've got a delicious gluten free fancy tart ready for the party.
- Cherry Frangipani: Cherries are in season right now you know, our frangipani are made with fresh, local cherries and we can send you a selection of frangipani's ready for your dinner party.
- Walnut Tart: This is an old favourite of ours that we've only recently stopped selling (so many ideas, so little time!) but that savoury crunch mixed with the sweet caramel treacle - my gosh, can we have an invite to your party if you're bringing this?
- Creme Brulee Tart: A twist on the classic creme brulee but it makes it much more transportable and if you have kids at the party you'll make their day when they see you blow torching the crackable top.
All recipes are found on the amazing BBC Good Food website and you can find them by clicking on the relevant image